Friday 19 February 2016

Because

Because
by Thelly Reahm - Tidbits of Time

1965

I was a lonely only.

I always wanted a big family of my own.

From the time that I remarried I tried with everything that was in me to blend our two family’s into one. It was not an easy job trying to raise three more children, much less three of someone else’s children. I did the best that I could with what knowledge I had going for me at the time.

I always said, “We have five children,” I did not say, “He has three children from a previous marriage and I have two.” I thought that if I said it that way, it would make it so. It didn’t. No one else in the family said it that way....nor did they want it to be that way.

I am painfully aware that I did not succeed in what I was trying to do. Wishing doesn’t make it so, no matter how the fairy tales go.

For this reason, I am dividing the book into two sections.... Tidbits of Time and More...Tidbits of Time.

The first book is a history of my growing up years and my first marriage. 1929 to 1963. Seventeen of those years were spent in the first marriage.

The second is a history of my growing up years (maturity wise) and my second marriage. 1965 to the present.

And I’m still writing the memories of my life. I don’t know if I’ll ever be finished. When I am, I’ll let you know, and we’ll have the book printed and bound together...just like I wanted our lives to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment